Friday, December 31, 2010

Better Alternativ to ScrumWorks

As I am working freelance on a project for a Norwegian consulting company, I came across this great tool. I had initially installed ScrumWorks Basic. This was the tool in which we used in various projects in my previous job. It's a great tool, but, it requires a server installation and a scrumworks.jnlp on the clients to make a remote connection to the server.
 
For this project I am working on now, I started out using ScrumWorks again. But, after having played with this other tool for an hour or so, I was sold!

Pivotaltracker is an online tool for 
  • creating user-stories/-cases
  • feature/bug/chore/release -tags for categorizing a story
  • labels for creating custom 'tags' for describing the story (like, design, dev, reasearch etc)
  • the UI is incredibly easy and intuitive to use 
Check out these videos to get an idea of how it's functions:


Another good to tutorial:


A testament from one of it's user:


Give it a try in your team, and let me know if it meets you needs or if anything is lacking.

Happy new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment